Re-sync data from iPhone to 1Password.com Primary vault

rajib_rashid
rajib_rashid
Community Member

Hi,

I just signed up for 1Password.com family plan and went through the initial steps to migrate my "Primary" vault on my iPhone to 1Password.com. Unfortunately the transfer was interrupted midway and I can only see 50 or so items online while there are 300+ items on my phone. How can I force a synchronization to happen again? When I attempt to move data from my phone to 1Password.com, the "Private" vault is greyed out and can't be chosen at the target. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @rajib_rashid

Thanks for taking the time to write in. I'm sorry to hear about the difficulty you're having here.

Are the items that were successfully copied to your 1Password.com account still available on your iPhone? If so, here is what I'd recommend:

• Make a backup of the data on your iPhone:
      1Password backups

• Delete the data in the 1Password.com Personal vault (use the vault switcher in the upper left corner of the 1Password for iOS screen to switch to viewing only this vault)

• Switch to viewing only the Primary vault, and then copy your items to the Personal vault

I suspect you may have been in "All Vaults" view when attempting this originally which would explain why the Personal vault destination would've been greyed out.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• rajib_rashid
    rajib_rashid
    Community Member

Hi Ben,

Thanks for getting back to me. Updating the "All Vaults" to show the Primary only was the key. I was able to copy all the data from my phone into the Private online vault afterwards.

Regards - Rajib

• Excellent. Thanks for the update! If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.