To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Lost account - switched from iPhone to Android

Options
mabdouf
mabdouf
Community Member
edited June 2017 in Memberships

Hello everyone,

I recently switched from an iPhone to Android. I had all my passwords on my 1password account on my iPhone (which i sold) i am not really sure if i used to login with an Email or a username, but i remember i used ro do it using my fingerprint. Im worried that someone can hack i to my old account and get all my passwords. Is it possible for me to get my old account back? I am literally desperate.

Please help :(

Comments

• mabdouf
    mabdouf
    Community Member
    Options

So i found some Emails from 2015 from "Dave Teare" on my Gmail account, why cant i login to the same account? I just made a new account with the same Gmail account!

Something is wrong. I need my old passwords asap.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mabdouf: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! It sounds like you may be trying to login with a 1Password Account, but you will only have one if you've signed up for a 1Password.com membership. That’s the only way you’ll have a Secret Key or Sign In URL, or be able to access your data through 1Password.com. That's also the only way you'd be able to get your encrypted data from us. And even then we don't have the keys to it, so it would be up to you to have the correct information to access and decrypt it. Just because you signed up for email newsletters does not mean you have an account or we know anything about you.

Where do you have your 1Password data currently? It sounds like you gave the old phone away with it, but I hope that's not the end of it. Did you sync it to other devices? These are things we'll need to know which may help you recover from this. But, failing that, someone else won't be able to access your data either without your Master Password, which is needed to decrypt it.

It looks like you also emailed us separately, so I'll reply there and we can continue the conversation via email to avoid any further confusion.

ref: MXW-24768-935

This discussion has been closed.