My logon entries are all duplicated in 1Password on my mac.

bobgoldstein1passwrd
bobgoldstein1passwrd
Community Member

Might this be because I have 2 vaults, one from before getting an account called Bob Goldstein personal, and another called Primary?

1Password Version: 6.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.5
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Every login is there twice!

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @bobgoldstein1passwrd,

Thanks for reaching out to us for help! Indeed, it sounds like you copied all your items from the old/local Primary vault to your Personal account vault, but never deleted the Primary vault. Since you have copies of your items in both vaults, they all appear in the 'All Vaults' view.

The Primary vault isn't part of your account - it's the vault you would have been using before signing up on 1Password.com. The Personal vault is part of your account, so you'll want to make sure it has all your latest data. Have you added anything new to the Primary vault since copying everything to Personal? In the main 1Password app, you can use the vault switcher in the top left corner of the window to view an individual vault. Check the Primary vault to see if you have any new data there which is missing from your account, and copy any new or updated items to the Personal vault if necessary.

As long as you have all your latest data in your Personal account vault, you can delete the Primary vault because you no longer need it. To do that, switch to the Primary vault in the main 1Password app and go to 1Password > Delete Vault... in the menu. After reading the warning that appears, enter the master password for your Primary vault and click Delete Items and Vault.

Does that help? If you have any questions about that, please let us know. Cheers! :)

• bobgoldstein1passwrd
    bobgoldstein1passwrd
    Community Member

Thanks a lot! I changed my 'view' to Primary and the duplicates disappeared. I think I'll just use that restricted view for a while before deleting my Personal vault.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @bobgoldstein1passwrd,

I'm glad that helped, but just to be clear: the Primary vault is not part of your 1Password.com account. It's a separate vault that is only stored locally on your Mac unless you sync it elsewhere by using an option such as Dropbox or iCloud. Because it isn't part of your 1Password.com account, it isn't hosted on our servers and you won't see it when you sign into your account on 1Password.com.

If you plan to continue using your 1Password.com account, then you should be using the Personal vault. You'll see the Personal vault when you sign into 1Password.com from a web browser, and it will automatically sync with all your devices as long as you've signed into your account in the 1Password app. There are also other benefits included with your 1Password.com account which we explain here: What are the benefits of a 1Password membership?

On the other hand, if you're planning to cancel your account, then it makes sense to keep using the Primary vault. Whichever one you choose, just make sure you know where all your latest data is. Keep in mind that you still have both vaults in 1Password on your Mac, and you have copies of your items in both vaults, so the duplicates are still there, and that can be confusing. If you need help to remove one of the vaults or delete the copies of your items from one of those vaults, just let us know. :)

This discussion has been closed.