To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Forgot Master Password - Touch ID stopped working

Options
tomsxwyer
tomsxwyer
Community Member

Hello,

I've forgotten my master password and after a few (incorrect) attempts to login to my account it seems that the Touch ID option has disappeared from my app. I've tried restarting my phone, etc. -- I want to know if it's possible to gain access to my account with Touch ID somehow or if it's necessary to reset it and start over.

I'd prefer not to do the latter given my current subscription is still active and to avoid adding passwords into the app again.

I don't have 1Password installed on any other devices nor have I ever logged into the website. Would love to know my options for moving forward?

Thanks!

Comments

• merelyaesthetic
    merelyaesthetic
    Community Member
    Options

It sounds like I have the exact same question if anyone can answer or help reset my account.

• Meek
    Options

Hey @tomsxwyer and @merelyaesthetic,

I'm sorry to hear about the lost Master Password! We have no way or resetting it for you, however there may be a few things you can try:
    https://support.1password.com/forgot-master-password/

If you're still not able to sign in, I'm sorry to say that the only other option would be to delete your account and start over. Let us know how you get on and we'll take it from there.

• tomsxwyer
    tomsxwyer
    Community Member
    Options

I haven't been able to recover/remember my password, so I would like to delete my account. What do I need to do to start the process?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tomsxwyer: I've sent the account deletion email. Just complete the process and then you can sign up for a new account. Just save a copy of your Emergency Kit and you'll be all set. And we're here if you need us! :)

This discussion has been closed.