Database migration flickering screen.

Options
thightower
thightower
Community Member

When running the latest 6.8 (680003) beta. I saw a flickering of the vault data item count indicators. Actually it was more of a dimming and brightening, 3 or 4 times. I wasn't alarmed by it. I took it as the upgrade was in progress. As mentioned in the release notes.
Just thinking it may be something to check on, or tweak prior to release or maybe a splash screen saying your working behind the scenes to upgrade the database etc. So as not to alarm those who don't read release notes. :)

Also, any concerns for example if my devices have updated the database and the wife's devices have not, while syncing thru 1password.com accounts? I doubt it, knowing you all, or you would have said so. Just wanting to make sure. I am sure others may ask the same.

1Password Version: 6.8 (680003) testflight beta
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 11 pb 1 - iPhone 7+
Sync Type: 1password.com

Comments

• Hi @thightower ,

We are aware of a refresh flickering issue during sync that we're looking into; that may be what you saw.

To answer your question about the database update. It's ok if you update and your wife does not. It's just a change to the local schema on your device. The sync and data formats are still the same, so it'll sync with devices that haven't updated just fine.

Cheers,
    Kevin

ref: OPI-3510

This discussion has been closed.