Can I still use a license of previous version?

gabfest
gabfest
Community Member

Hi there,

I didn't use 1Password on Mac for years, and I just thought of a license file I got when I bought 1Password 5.3 on my old Mac.
I have downloaded 1Password 6 from AppStore and I haven't see any menu and nothing happen when double click on a license file.
Is that license still valid? And if yes, how can I use it ?

Thanks.

1Password Version: 6.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.5
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Hi @gabfest,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. I didn't find any licenses under the email address you have registered here on the forums, so I'm unable to confirm the validity of your license for the latest version. If you'd like to investigate further please drop us an email to sales@1password.com from the email address the license is associated with. If it was indeed 1Password 5 for Mac that you purchased then it would be valid for v6 as well.

If you have a license for the latest version from us it will be valid for downloads from our website. A license cannot be used with the Mac App Store download.

This guide may be helpful:

How to switch to the version of 1Password from the AgileBits website - 1Password Support

Thanks!

Ben

• gabfest
    gabfest
    Community Member

Thanks a lot @Ben! I can applied my license now.

• Great! Thanks for the update. If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.