Unequal price among countries

1Password costs 3$ per month.
3$=193 Indian rupee
But In App Store IAP shows 300₹ /month
300₹= 4.65 $
In 300₹ we can get a full HD channels subscription of TV channels.
Not against price model but when your app is being used globally, prices should be equal all for all users. Whether is it a $ or 100$.

Comments

• dancodanco Senior Member Community Moderator

Yes, but this is an Apple issue. They decide how a dollar price gets converted into other currencies. Also, there may be a difference in required taxes between one country and another.

• No i don't think this is apple issue.
    Because Apple Music student program is 5$ in USA. While in India it is only 60₹. Less than a 1$. ❤️

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hi @fallows_you,

I believe what danco was alluding to is the fact that we don't get to set the price for each individual country. We set the price tier and then that is applied by Apple across the various countries they sell in. This is explained in greater depth in a 3rd party article here:

A Beginner’s Guide to App Store Pricing Tiers – MacStories

Please also make sure you're comparing apples to apples though. The pricing listed on our website is the per month price when billed annually (which has a 20% discount over monthly billing). It sounds as though you may have been looking at the price when billed monthly by Apple. Additionally, as Danco mentioned, the price on our website is pre-tax (as we cannot calculate how much tax to charge until you enter your credit card information). Apple already has your location/billing information, and displays the price including any applicable taxes.

I hope that helps explain the discrepancy.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.