No title Menu hence no access to "File"

Options
JohnLloyd
JohnLloyd
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I have no title's menu when logged in to 1Password and therefore cannot see "File". I am using Windows 7 and Google Chrome. Can anyone help please?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@JohnLloyd: It sounds like you may be using 1Password 6, as this does not have old-school Windows "File, Edit, etc." menus, so you're not missing anything there. What are you trying to do exactly?

• JohnLloyd
    JohnLloyd
    Community Member
    Options

I share 1Password with my daughter and she is trying to advise me on a quick way of adding various web sites to 1Password. She has a list of titles across the top of her 1Password screen but I do not. She is asking me to go to "File" but I cannot see it!
    I am a bit of a beginner so nothing too technical please!
    Thanks for replying.
    John

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@JohnLloyd: Ah, thanks for clarifying! It sounds like you're using a different setup from her. If you're new to 1Password 6, this guide is a great starting point:

Get to know 1Password for Windows

But more to the point of what you're trying to do, using the 1Password extension in your web browser is the most convenient way to save login credentials for websites, and that also allows you to use 1Password to fill them later:

Use the 1Password extension to save and fill passwords

So, for example, you can install the 1Password extension in Google Chrome, and then you'll have the 1Password "keyhole" icon in Chrome's toolbar at the top to use to access 1Password.

Let's start there, and let me know if you have any questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.