To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I am about to stop using this software.

Options
WhiskyTango
WhiskyTango
Community Member
edited July 2017 in Memberships

I bought it in 2014. Till today everything worked like a charm between my devices.
Due to PC crash I downloaded this something and was forced to create a account as there was no other option to sync from dropbox.
NOW you have all my information stored in your website and I never gave any consent for this!
Not to even mention my PC is not syncing with other devices anymore.

I had to look through some posts because all the visible links lead to the new stuff.
I deleted my account.
How do I know all my private information is not stored on your servers?

Comments

• WhiskyTango
    WhiskyTango
    Community Member
    Options

Looks like somebody deleted my previous post.
    I am trying to find out how AgileBits handles personal information after it was deleted (account).
    There's nothing about it in FAQ/Knowlegdebase.

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@WhiskyTango: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion!

I bought it in 2014. Till today everything worked like a charm between my devices. Due to PC crash I downloaded this something and was forced to create a account as there was no other option to sync from dropbox. NOW you have all my information stored in your website and I never gave any consent for this!

It sounds like you signed up for a 1Password.com account and moved the data yourself. 1Password doesn't do this on its own.

Not to even mention my PC is not syncing with other devices anymore. I had to look through some posts because all the visible links lead to the new stuff.

I've resent your license information in a separate email. Just follow the instructions there to install and register the version you paid for, and then you can setup sync between your devices and you should be all set.

I deleted my account. How do I know all my private information is not stored on your servers?

First of all, the data we store is encrypted and we don't have the keys to decrypt it — only you do. And if you've deleted your account already, you don't need to take any further action.

Looks like somebody deleted my previous post.

Did you have more than two posts, which is what I see here? I'm not seeing anything stuck in the spam filter.

I am trying to find out how AgileBits handles personal information after it was deleted (account). There's nothing about it in FAQ/Knowlegdebase.

We don't store anything unencrypted, and whatever you save in 1Password is encrypted using your keys before it ever even leaves your device. But if you mean deleting an account permanently, you can do that yourself from the bottom of your Profile page on 1Password.com. If you don't have a 1Password account, we won't have any of your encrypted data.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.