To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

What is the meaning of support

Options
3imomwm
3imomwm
Community Member

I can not get into my account that i opened with a license. when i contact support all i get is references to explanatory instructions or referred to this forum. that is not support. i thought support was meant to help the client regardless of what item they have purchased. why am i now more confused after i contacted support????? all i want is help accessing my account because my master password no longer works.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• 3imomwm
    3imomwm
    Community Member
    Options

no support and now they want me to purchase a subscription when they will not assist me in accessing my original account that was purchased with license. i already feel duped about purchasing prior licenses. should i just consider this a loss of money and move on to a different password application?

• Frank
    edited July 2017
    Options

Hi @3imomwm - Sorry for the troubles and I'll do my best to help out. By design, we don't store Master Passwords since it would compromise the security of our users. We don't want anyone to have access to one of the keys to your account, including us, therefore we can't reset this if lost or forgotten. You can try to guess your Master Password without the fear of being locked out. This support guide offers a couple of tips that might be helpful with remembering your Master Password.

I apologize for not having a better answer for you. If you can't remember your Master Password to unlock the app, the only solution will be to start over. By any chance, are you able to access your 1Password data using Touch ID / fingerprint reader on iOS or Android? I saw you're working with my buddy Nathan via email. In his last reply over to you, he asked if you changed your Master Password recently and if you can access 1Password on Windows? Keep us posted and we'll do our best to help you.

ref: PRY-36963-588

This discussion has been closed.