1P 3 for Mac licensing issue [Upgrade requred to use newest version]

edited July 2017 in Purchasing

I'm trying to add my license on a new laptop (where I currently have a "trial expired" message).

All the support info seems to say that I have an email with a link which I should click to add the license.

But my license info emails (and I just checked by getting a new one sent out today, and this is still the case) don't contain such a link. Instead, they have a license key, and they say:

"Select 1Password > License… and paste the above information."

But there is nowhere under "License" for me to paste the key.

Do I have to buy a new license for this version?

Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS Sierra 10.12.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member
    edited July 2017

Hi @carriejenkins

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

1Password 3 for Mac was retired in 2012, and has only received two minor updates since that time (one in 2013, and one in 2014). It is no longer supported (other than best effort customer support). As such I'm glad to hear you're installing the latest version. That said v3 -> v4 was a paid upgrade.

We no longer market 1Password as standalone apps. Instead 1Password is sold as a membership service, which includes access not only to all of our latest 1Password apps for all of your devices but also the 1Password.com account service which gives you things like automatic syncing and the ability to (optionally) share some credentials with family or team members. You can read more about the benefits of this service here:

What are the benefits of a 1Password membership?

And you can learn about how to migrate here:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

If you'd like to discuss your individual purchasing situation please drop our sales team an email at [email protected]. :)

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.