Can't wait to try this!

2»

Comments

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2017

@prime: We have a couple of employees here at AgileBits that are big Vivaldi fans. I've been using both Gmail and G Suite (formerly Google Apps) since they were both in beta, so I've been fairly committed to Google ecosystem (hopefully you won't think less of me). Out of curiosity, I just checked and my first Gmail account was created on 6/27/2004 (which is older than 1Password). :)

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• peterjaap
    peterjaap
    Community Member

Been running Chrome for a long time (used Opera before). I'm hearing Firefox is a bit quicker nowadays then Chrome but I refuse to install Firefox due to the lack of sandboxing web content in Firefox. As Andrew, I'm pretty sure Google already knows everything about me there is to know so no issues with using Chrome privacy-wise ;-)

• prime
    prime
    Community Member
    edited July 2017

@beyer Vivaldi said an iOS one is coming, just no dates yet. I'm very happy about this! I should see when I stared my email account. I know it was a while ago like you, and it was when you had to be invited to use it.

I also don't judge anyone what ecosystem they use, whatever works for you :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@peterjaap: And there are plenty of alternative to those as well. It's really great to have so many viable options in the browser space. Firefox and Chrome both have their pros and cons. Nowadays it's really a matter of personal preference — or the apps/extensions you want to use, in this case. ;)

@prime: I love Vivaldi, but it matters less to me on iOS since 3rd party browsers can't bring their own engines and have to use mobile Safari. Fortunately Safari is great on iOS, and we already have a great app there so there's no need for something like this. :)

• prime
    prime
    Community Member

@brenty I like the syncing of the bookmarks, makes my life so much easier. That's the main reason I like using the same browser across all my devices. I'm just happy Vivaldi will have one for iOS, but no timeline. They said Android will be 1st, the iOS.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2017

Yeah, admittedly I don't use bookmarks much either. I've used way too many browsers for far too long for that to be feasible. :lol:

• prime
    prime
    Community Member
    edited July 2017

@brenty oh the horror! Lol! I like sticking with one browser, I just have too many folders.

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

It seems like using a 3rd party bookmark sync utility could be useful. However, I couldn't personally recommend a particular one.

--
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• Fooligan
    Fooligan
    Community Member

This conversation just makes me realize that I have a ton of bookmarks and I still navigate to each web site using the browser address bar. There is really no point in spending the amount of time that I do manicuring my bookmark folders and sites.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Fooligan: Yeah that's what I discovered. I used to use del.icio.us but that became untenable...

Anyway, interesting bookmarks discussion, but it may be best to continue it in the Lounge category. ;)

• prime
    prime
    Community Member
    edited July 2017

@beyer thanks for the advice. I found one called xmarks, and it's working. So now I am using Vivaldi on the Ubuntu computer, that syncs with Firefox, that I use Firefox on my iPhone and iPad.

Not perfect, but it works, but I really like Vivaldi a lot, just not sure on some things. BTW after I downloaded Xmarks, I realized who owns them.... Lastpass... >_<

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

@prime: Yup, I knew who owned them. I'm glad you found something to help you out. :) :+1:

• mkasu
    mkasu
    Community Member

Hey. I just want to give my initial impression to this alpha. I don't want to make a new thread for this, so I'll hijack this one ;).

I'm an Apple user on all my personal devices and I've been a 1P user from 2009 to 2015 or so, but because I am currently forced to use a Linux machine at work, so I used LastPass for some time (despite various security concerns.) Long story short, I am glad I am able to participate in this alpha test, as it gives me the opportunity to come back to 1P and also help you with development!

I transferred all my data to 1P (1 vault, ~450 pw). I also started migrating all my 2FA logins to 1P (10-15). So far, it seems pretty robust. Sometimes it glitches out and the performance could really be better. Except that, I really enjoy my time. I'll use it daily on my main workstation form now on.

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

Hey @mkasu,

Thank you so much for providing this initial feedback. We are super excited (almost relieved) by the overwhelmingly positive comments we have seen so far!

Personally, I'm truly awestruck by how far we've come in such a short amount of time. The development team has some awesome plans to make this extension even better in the near future. It goes without saying (but I'll do it), fixing the glitches and making performance improvements are a high priority for us. And I think you'll love some of the features we have planned for future releases. I've been giddy just looking at some of the design mockups.

P.S. Welcome back to 1Password and to our Support Forum! <3

--
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

This discussion has been closed.