Long notes are not displayed in full on iPhone

rrroseen
edited December 1969 in iOS
Help, I have the above version of Iphone touch pro and for some reason I have some secure notes on my mac that do not or never synced completely.

There seems to be some limit to the size of secure notes in 1st password touch pro that is small than the desktop MAC version.

IT is not unimaginable that there would be size limits, but they should be easy to find in the documentation.

Comments

• roustem
    edited December 1969
    Have you tried to use "Replace information on this iPhone" checkbox?
  • rrroseen
    edited December 1969
    YEs that does not help.
  • rrroseen
    edited December 1969
    VERY VERY Apparently there is a limit on the size of secure notes in 1password touch that is not the same for 1password on the Mac.

Thus there is no warning that everything is completely synced
  • roustem
    edited December 1969
    Thank you for the follow-up!

I will try to recreate this problem.
  • I was working on a similar problem.

This might be a display issue in view mode.

We currently use a standard iOS table view to display the items. The Notes field is displayed as a table row. The iOS limits the size of the table row (used to display the note) to 2009 pixels. That's about 100-110 lines of text.

We'll have to redesign the item detail screen and use some non-standard elements to show more than 100 lines of text.
  • Ciid
    edited December 2010
    I found a way to temporally see long notes on the iPhone. Hit Edit then click the field of the long text, you'll see it all. But be careful to not delete something.

• I found a way to temporally see long notes on the iPhone. Hit Edit then click the field of the long text, you'll see it all. But be careful to not delete something.

Thanks for posting that, Kevin, and welcome to the forums! Yes, that is currently the only workaround, but we hope to improve that in the future.
  • ADent
    ADent
    Community Member
    Keep working on this - this bug bit me today at work looking for something. I had to call home to get the kids to dig up some information. I recreated it at home. It wasn't until I was getting ready to post a problem here and wanted to see if the bug lost the extra data if I edited the truncated file on the iPhone that I finally realized the data was really there.

If you can't fix this right away you need to put something on the screen to let people know.

Even putting a line of text below the Master Password Protection toggle would help - something like "Note: Long notes are truncated. Use Edit to see full contents."
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums, ADent. I'm sorry you ran into this as well.

We are working on improving this in a future update.
  • khad wrote:

Welcome to the forums, ADent. I'm sorry you ran into this as well.

We are working on improving this in a future update.

I bought the Mac version yesterday, and decided to get the iPhone/iPad version as well. I'm very disappointed to have also found this bug and quite frankly amazed that it's not been fixed in over 6 months or longer. Is there any plan to fix this and is there a time in the near future when a fix can be expected?

Thank you.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    I'm sorry that you are experiencing this as well, tjod. Unfortunately, I cannot comment on future ship dates. This is certainly still on our radar, though.
  • jamver
    jamver
    Community Member
    roustem wrote:

I was working on a similar problem.

This might be a display issue in view mode.

We currently use a standard iOS table view to display the items. The Notes field is displayed as a table row. The iOS limits the size of the table row (used to display the note) to 2009 pixels. That's about 100-110 lines of text.

We'll have to redesign the item detail screen and use some non-standard elements to show more than 100 lines of text.

G'day Roustem,

This one bit me also last night.

To confirm what others are saying, it does appear to be sync'd correctly to the iOS devices and appears to be a view mode bug as you suggested above - entering edit mode allows you to see the full text.

cheers,
    James/Valdemar
This discussion has been closed.