1Password extension in Chrome does not get the focus right away to unlock

kmfuse87
kmfuse87
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hi Folks,

I use 1Password for windows with the chrome widget and recently when I click the widget and it drops down, it requests my password and indicates that the cursor is blinking there. So i just start typing. Problem is, the cursor isn't in the widget, it's still where i was typing previously. Can you look into this or let me know where I am going wrong?

Thanks
Kevin

1Password Version: 6.6.439
Extension Version: 4.6.6.90
OS Version: Windows/Chrome
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @kmfuse87,

Thanks for reporting this.

Do you mean the typing went into the Chrome's address bar and/or the site's open text field instead of 1Password mini, which was focused?

That is unusual. Can you tell me what Windows version you're using?

• kmfuse87
    kmfuse87
    Community Member

Hey Mike,

you are correct. The widget drops down, cursor blinking and i'll type my password into an email or a slack message.

Thanks
    Kevin

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2017

@kmfuse87: Thans for letting us know. We've had other reports of the browser stealing focus, but could you tell us the version of Windows you're using as Mike requested so we can try to reproduce the issue you're seeing?

• kmfuse87
    kmfuse87
    Community Member

Sorry, windows 10 pro. version 1073. Let me know if that helps answer the question.

• Hi @kmfuse87,

I can't reproduce this at all in Chrome on the same Windows version. As soon as I click on the 1Password icon and type, it was going into the 1Password mini search or password field.

Has this always been an issue for you or did it start recently? If recently, did you install any new software around the time this started to occur?

• kmfuse87
    kmfuse87
    Community Member

This has always happened but now that i think about it more, it's primarily with one or two sites. Can you email me directly and I can do a screen share or something to show you exactly when it happens?

• Hi @kmfuse87,

You can email us directly at support+windows@agilebits.com with the link to this thread and we'll figure this out.

If it is just a few sites, that would be strange because web sites cannot directly interfere with external programs like 1Password but it'll be interesting to try to reproduce it.

• Hi @kmfuse87,

Just to rule it out, is 1Password 4 installed at all?

This discussion has been closed.