Questions about rich icons for Software Licences in 6.7.441 (beta)

Options
pbryanw
pbryanw
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hi, I'm very much liking the new rich icons for Software Licences in the new 6.7 beta. At the moment, I notice they're skewed towards Mac applications - are these icons stored on your servers, so it's just a case of once more app icons are uploaded (both Mac & Windows), this feature will only get better & better?

Also, will adding your own custom icons (as you can do with the Mac app) be coming to 1Password 6 still, in light of the new rich icons feature?

And, lastly, thanks for adding the ability to remember your last category and sidebar tab - I thought I was out of beta testing but you pulled me back in with these great features :chuffed:

1Password Version: 6.7.441
Extension Version: 4.6.8.b1
OS Version: Windows 10 Creators x64
Sync Type: 1Password Family Account

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, I'm very much liking the new rich icons for Software Licences in the new 6.7 beta. At the moment, I notice they're skewed towards Mac applications - are these icons stored on your servers, so it's just a case of once more app icons are uploaded (both Mac & Windows), this feature will only get better & better?

@pbryanw: Exactly. If there are specific ones you're looking for, let us know and we'll see what we can do...

Also, will adding your own custom icons (as you can do with the Mac app) be coming to 1Password 6 still, in light of the new rich icons feature?

But yeah, custom icons are something we'll be adding as well, which will make it possible to do whatever you want with these and have them sync between devices with your data.

And, lastly, thanks for adding the ability to remember your last category and sidebar tab - I thought I was out of beta testing but you pulled me back in with these great features :chuffed:

You're welcome! Mission accomplished... :sunglasses:

• pbryanw
    pbryanw
    Community Member
    Options

@pbryanw: Exactly. If there are specific ones you're looking for, let us know and we'll see what we can do...

@brenty - thanks for your reply and offer of help with this. Here's a list of my most used apps (any of these would be great):
    3D Mark Vantage
    Bartender
    eM Client
    FlashFXP
    iStat Menus
    MacDrive Standard
    Macrium Reflect
    Mailbird
    MediaMonkey
    NetWorx
    Paragon HFS+ for Windows
    Parallels Desktop
    Postbox
    Steermouse
    SUMo
    Uninstall Tool
    VMware Fusion
    Yummy FTP

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @pbryanw,

While we haven't checked the whole list yet, Parallels should already be working for you:

• pbryanw
    pbryanw
    Community Member
    edited July 2017
    Options

@MikeT - Hi, I see what the problem is. Because I have two entries for Parallels Desktop - Parallels Desktop 11 & Parallels Desktop 12. If I remove the version number, I can see the rich icon - the same issue seems to affect Geekbench as well (for which I have version 3 & 4 as entries). Hopefully this can be fixed in a future update :+1:

(Edit: Although seeing that version numbers are shown below each Software Licence in the Windows version, maybe I can get rid of the version numbers in my Licence titles as per your screen-shot. I think I will go down this path for the time being.)

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited July 2017
    Options

@pbryanw

Oops, my bad. I stumbled into the windows beta area. Post removed as not to cause confusion.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@pbryanw: That's a really good point. I think a good argument can be made either way, and it's mainly a matter of preference. We'll see what we can do to improve this though. :)

@thightower: Ha! No problem. I was wondering about that. "These aren't the droids you're looking for." ;)

• johs
    johs
    Community Member
    Options

Does rich icons exist for Bitdefender and Cyberlink because I can't get them to work. I use 6.7.441 (beta)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@johs: We can look into adding them, but can you be more specific? I haven't used something from Cyberlink for years, but last I checked they had like a dozen different apps.

• johs
    johs
    Community Member
    edited July 2017
    Options

Sorry for being unspecific Powerdvd ultra

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Ah, thanks! We'll see if we can add these in the future. :)

This discussion has been closed.