To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

How do I migrate Secure Notes from my iPhone to my iMac app and iCloud?

Options
RPD
RPD
Community Member

I've been using 1Password on my iPhone for months. I just learned about the app and iCloud options. I've sent them up now, and established a trial account. How do I migrate my Secure Notes from my iPhone to the app on my iMac?

1Password Version: 6.7.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.12.5
Sync Type: desktop app, iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:How do I migrate Secure Notes from my iPhone to my iMac app and iCloud?

Comments

• john_m
    john_m
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @RPD! Welcome to the forums :chuffed:

If you've just signed up for a 1Password.com subscription account, then what you'll want to do is sign into the account inside the 1Password app on your iPhone, and migrate your existing 1Password data into your account. That data will then become available on any other devices you've signed into the account from.

You can find our guide for migrating your data from an iPhone here: https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/?ios

I hope that helps! :+1:

• RPD
    RPD
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, that sort of worked, but not completely. Two problems:
    1. Looks like 60 out of 183 items on my phone made it over to my desktop app.
    2. Now there are many duplicates on my iPhone app.

When I tried repeating the process, I get a message: "1Password Account already Added." And I don't get the option to Move Items.

Any suggestions on how I can complete the process?
    Thanks.

• Frank
    Options

Hi @RPD - You also have the option of moving the items over manually.

If you open & unlock 1Password on your iPhone, go to the Secure Note section (where you want to move the data from) > Pull down under the search bar to reveal the "Select Items" button. Tap on Select Items then select all the notes in the list (one at a time, sorry) then at the top of the screen, tap on "Move" then select your Personal vault from the list (where you want to move the data to).

Keep me posted if this helped. Once you delete the Primary vault from your iPhone, this will remove the duplicates as well. If you run into any troubles, feel free to let us know and we'll be here to help. :smile:

• RPD
    RPD
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Frank,
    I tried your solution several times. Each time, when I try to select Personal vault, nothing happens.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@RPD: Is the Personal vault already selected, or the items are already stored there? In either case, you won't be able to select it, as 1Password is expecting you to select a different vault than the current one. If you sign in to your account on 1Password.com in your web browser, do you see the items there? If so, they're already in your account. :)

• RPD
    RPD
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Brenty, As I mentioned above, when I sign in to 1Password.com, some, but not all of my items appear. As I scroll through, it appears that there are items missing from most letter groups (A, B, etc.). 1Password.com lists 60 items, on my phone, it says there are 183. It seems like to transfer began, but did not finish.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @RPD,

I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your iOS device:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?ios

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending it:

[#AED-71497-342]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. We'll take a look and let you know what we find out.

Ben

ref: AED-71497-342

• RPD
    RPD
    Community Member
    Options

OK, I just sent it.
    Thanks.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @RPD,

Unfortunately it doesn't appear this ever arrived in our inbox. Are you sure it sent?

Ben

• RPD
    RPD
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,
    I just sent it again, and got a response email from Agilebits. It also shows up in my Sent box, so I think it sent this time.
    Thanks.

• RPD
    RPD
    Community Member
    Options

But I see the previous one also got the same response. This is the address it's going to:
    support+ios@agilebits.com
    Is that right?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@RPD: Yep! It looks like you put the Support ID Ben gave you in the body of the email instead of the subject, so we got a bit confused when your message got an entirely different Support ID. Just wanted to make sure we weren't looking at someone else's message since the address was different. We'll get back to via email shortly. :)

ref: FPE-82158-279

This discussion has been closed.