To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Convert from personal subscription to family?

Options
chris009
chris009
Community Member

Hi, I'm new to 1password and really liking it. I was really sold on the Travel mode feature. Anyway, I've started to use the service and things are going well. At first I never really understood the point of sharing things with other family members, but it has grown on me for various pieces of sensitive information. I've also sold the idea onto my spouse as a good option for her and with sharing it is something that will both be an improvement over our current practices.

So the question, can one convert their personal subscription to the family subscription or is it basically start a new family subscription?

Thanks in advance!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Brian
    Brian
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi there, @chris009 !

Thanks for reaching out! :)

Congrats on your new 1Password.com account! It's great that you are wanting to get your family on board, and a Families account can help you do this.

If you currently have an Individual 1Password.com account, you can upgrade it to a Families account by clicking on the "Invite Members..." button on the menu after logging into your account on 1Password.com. Here's a screenshot of where this option can be found:

Once you upgrade your account, you can then invite other family members. Feel free to learn how to do this on our knowledgebase: https://support.1password.com/family-sharing/#invite-your-family

If your other Family members already have their own, Individual 1Password.com accounts, and will be joining your Families account, then you will want to have them cancel their individual subscriptions, as they will no longer be necessary. With a Families account, only one subscription for all of the family members is required. Here are some instructions on how to cancel a subscription: https://support.1password.com/manage-subscription/#manage-your-subscription

Feel free to let me know if you have any other questions, and have a great rest of your day!

• chris009
    chris009
    Community Member
    Options

Excellent Brian. I'm glad I can easily change the subscription to family.

Thank you!

• Brian
    Brian
    1Password Alumni
    Options

My pleasure, @chris009 !

Feel free to give me a nudge if you run into any issues along the way!

• samusaw
    samusaw
    Community Member
    Options

Excuse me, im on trial (individual) and I need to know its possible to convert to family trial or just if I did subscription?

• Frank
    Options

Hi @samusaw - Yes, you can definitely convert your current account over to 1Password Families by following the steps below -

Sign into your current 1Password.com account via the web > Click on your name in the upper right hand side > Select "Invite People" (as shown in Brian's screenshot above) from the drop down menu then choose a 1Password Families account.

Keep me posted if you have any additional questions, I'll do my best to help :smile:

• samusaw
    samusaw
    Community Member
    Options

@Frank when I select invite people it say that a credit card is necessary to change from individual to family. Im on Trial, is that way to change individual to family Trial? Or is impossible do that on trial period. i will subscribe after the trial period. If its possible ill show my wife until the trial not end and if she like family subscription will be my choice.

• Frank
    Options

Hi samusaw - Thanks for getting back to me. Let's continue the conversation via email so I can better assist you. We'll get this squared away and I look forward to hearing back from you. :smile: Talk to you soon.

ref: BAK-24156-757

• samusaw
    samusaw
    Community Member
    Options

@Frank thanks for your reply, my wife dont want to use it at the moment and ill stay with individual. Thanks.

• Jacob
    Options

On behalf of Frank, you're welcome :)

• prime
    prime
    Community Member
    Options

Congrats! If you have teenagers or anything, never too early to teach them this stiff. If not, and have parents or siblings, add them to you family account and charge them :lol:

• Catalin1P
    Catalin1P
    Community Member
    Options

If not, and have parents or siblings, add them to you family account and charge them :lol:

@prime It's a new way to make money easier :lol:

• Frank
    Options

I guess it's a good way of teaching kids responsibility too. My son is 8 months old so I still have time :lol: :+1:

This discussion has been closed.