what's the keyboard shortcut?

I'm used to cmd+\ and cmd+option+\ launching the 1password helper. I tried ctrl+\, but it does not do anything.

Is a keyboard shortcut in the works?

Thanks; awesome so far!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2017

Hey @berto,

I'm delighted to see you've joined our alpha crew!

You can add a keyboard shortcut to activate the Chrome extension by clicking the "Keyboard shortcuts" link at the bottom of the Chrome extensions page.

Alternatively, if you can't find that link (it's in the lower part of the extensions page), you can copy and paste the following URL into Chrome chrome://extensions/configureCommands. Unfortunately, Control + \ isn't allowed by Google Chrome, so many of us are using Control + . instead.

We plan to make this easier for everyone in the future by hopefully providing a link from our settings page. Please let me know if this doesn't work for you.

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• berto
    berto
    Community Member

Works like a charm, thanks!

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

You're very welcome. :) :+1:

--
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• northys
    northys
    Community Member

hi @beyer,

the classic version of 1password fills password immediately if there is only one account matching for a website. It would be awesome to implement this instant login functionality to alpha extension :) I know the enter key is just 3cm far away but... you know :D

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

@northys: I'll talk to the team and see if this is something we can add, as I'd love to have it as well. Thanks for taking the time to post this feedback!

--
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• nsushkin
    nsushkin
    Community Member

That seems to be Control+Period in Linux.

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

@nsushkin: Not completely. Control+Period (or the keyboard shortcut assigned in the extension's preferences) only activates the 1Password extension. This differs from the behavior of our other browser extensions as they will automatically fill a Login item for the page you are on (if there is 1 available).

--
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• nsushkin
    nsushkin
    Community Member

Andrew,

Correct. I was merely pointing out what the shortcut was in Linux, since there was no Command key.

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2017

@nsushkin: Ok great! Sorry, I wasn't confident which post you were replying to. You are correct, by default Control + . should work on most Linux machines. I switch between way too many computers and Command gets a little fuzzy when running Linux on Macs. Technically it's the same as the "Windows" or "Super" key when running anything other than macOS.

--
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

This discussion has been closed.