Issues with ING Direct

Options

I'm experiencing multiple issues with ingdirect.com.au This has been tested using both the latest versions of Chrome and Firefox on Windows 10.

The log in process requires a username be entered in a text field, and an on-screen pin pad for the password. 1Password correctly fills in the username, however whenever I have 1Password fill that field, it returns the error "Access Codes are between four and six digits."

The more frustrating issue occurs while logged in to the online banking portal. Whenever I use the navigation menu, with every click the browser add on prompts me to update my password. This occurs when logging out too.

Is it possible to have someone take a look at these couple of issues? I'm more than happy to assist with any testing required.

1Password Version: 6.6.439
Extension Version: 4.6.7.90
OS Version: Windows 10 Creators Update
Sync Type: 1Password.com Account

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @dargentum,

So my ability to test is very limited. I don't have an account with ING Direct meaning all my testing is performed with fictitious values. What I can confirm is that the error message I see when manually entering the details in contrast to filling with 1Password do differ and the issue is reproducible on both Windows and Mac. I'll file a report to see what we can do and we may contact you if we need assistance from somebody with a genuine account to ensure things are working.

ref: BRAIN-383

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @dargentum,

Okay I have some bad news I'm afraid. Based on the testing I've just performed I don't believe 1Password will be able to fill on https://www.ingdirect.com.au/securebanking/ any time soon. As a customer of this bank I'm sure you're quite experienced with how they randomise the position of the digits on their keypad. The trouble is I cannot find any presence of the number I "type" in, only an obfuscated version which changes on every reload of the page. As what is submitted to the site changes and there doesn't appear to be a field that 1Password can fill with the actual PIN I don't think 1Password will be able to handle this site any time soon.

I apologise that I couldn't bring more promising news but I think this is a particular design that we may not be able to assist with :(

This discussion has been closed.