To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Create local vaults from an app that is part of a Team Account?

Options
bprotas
bprotas
Community Member

Hi -

I am part of a team account, but I have a couple private keys that I would like stored by and encrypted in 1Password but that are just local on this computer, and never backed up online (local, cold backup only for these couple of things). It seems like I used to be able to create a new vault in the 1Password for Mac app, and place anywhere on my computer, but after signing into my team account I can't seem to find the option to create a new vault anymore. Am I just missing it?

1Password Version: 6.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @bprotas,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. We now consider what you're describing as an advanced option, and don't generally recommend it unless someone has a good reason for not having the vault be a part of their account. You can enable local vaults from the 1Password > Preferences > Advanced menu. Please be aware that doing so will modify the behavior of 1Password. Instead of unlocking with your 1Password account password it will instead unlock only with your Primary local vault Master Password once enabled.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• bprotas
    bprotas
    Community Member
    edited July 2017
    Options

Great, thanks for the information and caveats. I appreciate it!

• You're welcome. Let us know if you have any more questions.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.