To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

How do I combine a trial teams account with a paid personal account keeping the trial set up info?

Options
Garnish
Garnish
Community Member
edited July 2017 in Memberships

I was using a teams trial account that expired. When I clicked to set up a subscription, I was only getting the option to pay for the teams account. I do not want a teams account, I want a personal account now so I went back to the main site and signed up that way using the same credentials as the trial account. I paid for the subscription but now I cannot seem to move the 'teams' vault into my personal account. I've managed to have both accounts logged in on my desktop app and am trying to follow the directions to import the old data into the new account but when I get to the step of selection an option to import my existing data, the data is nowhere to be found.

Ideally I would keep my original account information (changing the teams setting to individual but keeping the original secret key). I'd rather not have to do a full set up on all my devices with a new key but I'm very confused now and not sure how to make my life easier.

Any help is much appreciated!

1Password Version: 6 for Windows 10
_Extension Version:
Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Garnish,

At this point the easiest thing is to move over the data and forget about the Teams account. Making it possible to easily move from 1Password Teams to an individual account is something we want to do, but it's not done yet.

So you said that you have both accounts signed in on the Desktop app. You should be able to switch to the Personal/Private vault of the 1Password Teams account, select all of the items, then use the context menu to copy the items to the Personal vault of the individual account.

Let us know how that goes.

Rick

• Garnish
    Garnish
    Community Member
    Options

Hi rickfillion,

I am able to select all of the items from the teams account, but the 'copy' option is grayed out, not allowing me to actually copy anything....any other thoughts?

Thanks!

• @Garnish : did you specifically select the vault in the vault picker? That part is required but typically skipped.

Rick

• Garnish
    Garnish
    Community Member
    Options

I believe I did.

This was getting too frustrating, so I just decided to cancel the individual subscription I signed up for today. I will set up payment to continue the teams account and save myself the trouble. Not ideal, but definitely easier than trying to figure this out. Thanks for your help!

• @Garnish : I've reached out via email with additional info for you.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.