Unable to see details since 0.7.7 (updated)

prime
prime
Community Member

Now when I want to see the details and info of a log in, the arrow to go to it doesn't work.
EDIT: not sure what happened, but 1Password logged me out right after. It wouldn't let me in, so I restarted Chrome and I got back in. I tried checking the details and info of a login again, and all is working. Strange.

Sorry about the false alarm.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 0.7.7.7
OS Version: Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• prime
    prime
    Community Member
    edited July 2017

So I was editing my last post and saved it, I got this:
    "Whoops!
    You need the Vanilla.Discussions.Edit permission to do that."

Now I get to type it all again :crazy:

So it happened again. I wanted to get into an app I have on my computer. I clicked on 1Password and it wouldn't let me see the details. I clicked out of 1Password (backed out), went back into 1Password, and it was locked. I have my settings to lock after 10 minutes, but not sure if that's 10 minutes of not using 1Password or the machine... I've been on the machine for about an hour straight.

Not sure if this is normal or not, but I thought I would let you know in case.

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

@prime: I believe this is a small and elusive bug that I've recently been tracking down. There is a slight window that the extension will be locked, but it still displays the initial item overview. The good news is you aren't able to fill items or access any item details (as the Chrome extension is locked). We will certainly get this fixed and if you do experience an issue, always try quitting and relaunching Chrome – which will fix almost anything.

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• prime
    prime
    Community Member

@Beyer thanks!! I've restarted Chrome and all was well. So it's almost a "soft" close that it does?

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

@prime: I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "soft" close, but restarting Chrome completely, in turn, restarts all Chrome apps and extensions.

--
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• prime
    prime
    Community Member

It's a term we use here at work... sorry. It's not 100% closed, but closed enough. Closed where data is visible, but not.

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

@prime: That's basically what I figured you meant. Google Chrome likes to stay open even after you close all windows, especially when you are using Chrome apps. I used to use Google Hangouts (the Chrome app version) often and on more than one occasion I thought I had closed Google Chrome but Hangouts was keeping it open.

--
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• I think the issue is your session with 1Password.com timed out. So locally your extension was unlocked and happily showed you the item overviews. Then when you went to view the details we needed to contact the server and were rejected.

It's a bug I have a solution for — I just need to find some time to play :)

• mkasu
    mkasu
    Community Member

I have a similar, maybe the same issue.

In some tabs 1Password is working normally (being able to fill, being able to view details), but in other tabs nothing happens when clicking on the buttons. Both is the same Chrome window / browser session.

Closing and reopening the tab seems to sometimes fix it, but especially the Arrow button (showing details) is regularly stopping its functionality for me (yesterday night, the Fill button worked but the arrow didn't).

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2017

@mkasu: This is very interesting. I'm not sure I've seen issues with the extension not working in certain tabs before.

Next time you see this, can you follow the steps in my post here and let us know if you're seeing any errors in the Chrome DevTools Console? It's late for me, but tomorrow I'll try and get an official announcement on how to collect debugging information from the extension. Thanks for your help!

--
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

This discussion has been closed.