How do I get 1 password working on a new computer?

I got a new PC laptop as a backup to my work computer and want to get 1Password up and running on it. I have it on my work computer, and I downloaded 1Password 6 to the new laptop, but it's asking me to sign in with a "Sign-in address," "email address," "secret key," and "master password." I'm not sure what my "Sign-in address" or "secret key" are and I'm not sure what to do next . . . any help is appreciated!!!

1Password Version: 4.6.2.624
Extension Version: 4.6.7.90
OS Version: Window 10
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @sammybliss,

Thank you for using 1Password! :+1:

The sign into an account option in 1Password 6 for Windows (with Secret Key and Sign-in address and QR code) is strictly for users that have signed up for the new subscription plan. If you have been using 1Password 4 on a different PC, you should download 1Password 4 on your new laptop and use Sync via Dropbox. Here is the direct download link and here is how you can sync via Dropbox.

Please let us know if it works. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Greg

• sammybliss
    sammybliss
    Community Member

Hi Greg -

Thanks so much! I installed 4, but now it's asking me to open my existing vault but it's not showing an option to choose dropbox, which is where my vault in. Any ideas?

• sammybliss
    sammybliss
    Community Member

Oh man, this is embarrassing . . . never mind! ;) New computer . . . haven't installed dropbox yet . . . need more coffee. Thanks Greg!

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@sammybliss: Coffee is good. :) I am glad to hear you've figured everything out. I hope 1Password now works for you. If it doesn't, please let us know, we are always ready to help you.

Have a good weekend!

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.