can login to website and desktop app but not browser extensions...

Options

I just signed up as a an individual subscriber this morning. I have set up my master password and have my secret key. I have downloaded the desktop app and can sign out and log into it just fine. I can also log into the website, log out and log back in. However, after installing the browser extensions on both Firefox and Chrome I cannot get either of them to recognize my master password after repeated attempts.

1Password Version: 1Password 6
Extension Version: 4.6.7.90
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:can login to website and desktop app but not browser extensions...

Comments

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @alison_wisdom,

Thanks for writing in, sorry about the trouble with this. Hopefully I can help.

I have downloaded the desktop app and can sign out and log into it just fine. I can also log into the website, log out and log back in. However, after installing the browser extensions on both Firefox and Chrome I cannot get either of them to recognize my master password after repeated attempts.

I'd just like to confirm I understand the scenario correctly:

1. When you open 1Password 6 you see the main 1Password app open and display the the Unlock Screen. You're able to unlock it with your Master Password.
    2. If you click on the 1Password extension button in either Chrome or Firefox you see a smaller version of the 1Password app (we call this "1Password Mini") which also has an Unlock Screen. Entering the same Master Password here doesn't work.

If this is true, then it's kind of hard to explain because both the main 1Password app and small Unlock Screen (known as the 1Password Mini) are part of the same app running on your PC. When you click on the 1Password button in the browser, the extension sends a message to the 1Password app to display the 1Password Mini window.

I'm sorry I don't have a solution for you yet but let me if I understand the problem at least and we can work from there.

Best regards,
    Matthew

This discussion has been closed.