To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Final Answer: Am i being forced into the cloud with 1Password

Options
steelers16
steelers16
Community Member

There is a lot of conflicting information being reported by news sources right now on upcoming changes with 1Password. I would like to know, simply, if I am being forced to move to the cloud based solution or if I can keep my local vault?

I have 0 issue with paying a subscription for 1Password, but I have a major problem with storing my vault in the cloud, simply put I don't want it there at all. If you are forcing a subscription model on current customers atleast give us the option to keep our vaults local.

Thanks for providing a great product.

Comments

• Frank
    Options

Hi @steelers16 - Thank you for asking and I apologize for the misinformation out there. I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us over here to get a definitive answer on the subject :smile: You can definitely continue to rock your current setup using local vaults. We have not removed the ability to use local vaults and you can continue to use 1Password just the way you do right now. I hope this helped clarify things and I hope to chat with you again. Enjoy the rest of your day and we're always here if you need us. :+1:

• steelers16
    steelers16
    Community Member
    Options

@Frank thanks for the quick and specific reply. I love the product and respect that it takes money to keep and continue to make it better. I'm glad I can keep my local vault and appreciate you clarifying!

• Frank
    edited July 2017
    Options

You're very welcome @steelers16. I really appreciate the kind words and that means a lot to our team :blush: Have a great day and stay safe out there!

For additional clarification please check out our latest post here -
    https://blog.agilebits.com/2017/07/13/why-we-love-1password-memberships/

This discussion has been closed.