Chrome extention just stopped working

Options

Hello!
Chrome extention just stopped working couple days ago.
I've deleted it and re-installed several times, but the icon on extentions panel still unactive.

1Password Version: 6.0
Extension Version: 4.6.7.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @EvgenyR,

Thanks for taking the time to write in! I'd like to understand a little bit more about what's happening:

• Do you see any error messages being displayed in the 1Password extension after clicking on the button?
    • Or is the button not responsive to clicks?
    • What exact version of 1Password do you have? You can check this using the instructions on this page:

https://support.1password.com/cs/version/

Looking forward to hearing back.

Best regards,
    Matthew

• EvgenyR
    EvgenyR
    Community Member
    Options

Matthew, the button is not responsive to clicks.
    Exact version of 1Password is 6.6.439

Sencerely,
    Evgeny

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @EvgenyR,

Thanks for confirming the version. The failure of the 1Password browser icon to display as normal is likely because it is failing to launch a special 1Password process on your computer. This process is called 1Password.NativeMessagingHost and is used as an intermediary between the 1Password extension and the 1Password application. If this is failing to start up then this would be the cause.

To check if this process is running please:

1. Open Chrome if it isn't already running.
    2. Open Task Manager by right-click on the Task-bar at the bottom of the screen and choose "Task Manager".
    3. When Task Manager opens, choose the "Details" tab.
    4. Click the "Name" heading in the first column to sort by the name of process.
    5. Then see if you can find the process called 1Password.NativeMessagingHost.

The 1Password extension should attempt to launch this process every 20 seconds so you might see the 1Password browser icon flicker each time it does this.

In addition to checking that, could you send me in a Diagnostics Report for your PC please:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/80132/chrome-extention-just-stopped-working#latest
    • Your forum username: EvgenyR

That way we can "connect the dots" when we see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so we can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the diagnostics we'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Best regards,
    Matthew

• EvgenyR
    EvgenyR
    Community Member
    Options

Matthew,
    I checked my task bar and didn't find the process you were refering to.
    In addition my 1password just crashed when I created the diagnostics report, but I'm almost sure that I've managed to create it.
    Now it crashes every time I try to get to the "Options" section or create a report.
    Support ID number is:
    [#HFD-42627-924]

I also attached a screenshot with the crash warning

• MichaelKlose
    MichaelKlose
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same problem. Also running 6.6.439 under Windows 10 and I also don't see the process.
    As a quick test. Disabling/enabling the extension in Chrome works. Chrome version is 59.0.3071.115 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Best Regards,
    Michael

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @EvgenyR,

Thanks for writing in, I found your email to us. Let's continue the conversation over email. I'll email you with instructions for how to gather the relevant information without the Diagnostics Report.

Best regards,
    Matthew

ref: HFD-42627-924

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @MichaelKlose,

Thanks for helping out! I'm glad disabling and re-enabling the extension resolved things for you! If you do see any other issues with this, do let us know.

Best regards,
    Matthew

This discussion has been closed.