To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

How do I clear out my personal vault?

Options
ixisnine
ixisnine
Community Member

As I switched from my local dropbox vault to the new service, I exported my old vault and imported it into my new 1password. Unfortunately, I didn't see any kind of confirmation that it had worked, so I did it again. And again. I now have 4 versions of everything in my personal vault. I created a secondary vault and imported everything just once, so that's good, but I now want to fix the problem (it's defaulting to "All Vaults", so I see about 5 of everything).

Can I either delete my personal vault and replace it with my secondary one, or can I clear it out completely, copy what's in the secondary one over to it, and then delete the secondary one?

Thanks,

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How do I clear out my personal vault?

Comments

• Frank
    edited July 2017
    Options

Hi @ixisnine - Sorry for the migration troubles. Do you still have access to all the original data in your Primary vault? If so, I would recommend deleting everything within your Personal vault then moving the items over manually. Let's get started.

I would recommend trying this using 1Password on your Mac -

Open & unlock 1Password on your Mac. Click 1Password in the menu bar and select "Switch to vault" from the drop down menu, choose your Personal vault from the list. Select all of the items by pressing Command-A after clicking one of the items in the list. After all the items have been selected in your Personal vault, click "Item" in the menu bar and select "Move to Trash" from the drop down menu.

You should have nothing within your Personal vault so you can try to migrate the data over from your Primary vault again.

Click 1Password in the menu bar, choose "Switch to Vault" and select your Primary vault from the list. Select all of the items by pressing Command-A after clicking one of the items in the list > Click Item in the menu bar, choose Share > Personal > Move.

After everything has been moved over, you can definitely select your Personal vault as the default going forward.

Keep us posted if his helped or if you have any additional questions. I'll do my best to help out.

• ixisnine
    ixisnine
    Community Member
    Options

That seems to have worked! Thanks!

• Frank
    Options

Fantastic news @ixisnine and I appreciate you letting me know :smile: Virtual :high-five: coming your way! The next step, if all your data was migrated over to the new Personal vault, you can then delete your Primary vault. You will use your Personal vault going forward.

First make sure to backup your Primary vault before proceeding with the steps below -

Open and unlock 1Password on your Mac. Click 1Password in the menu bar, select "Switch to Vault" and choose Primary from the list. Click 1Password in the menu bar and select "Delete Vault" from the drop down list. You will have to enter your master password before you can delete the vault. Please note if you have secondary vaults, they have to be deleted before the Primary vault.

I hope this helped and have a great weekend :+1:

This discussion has been closed.