One Password user edited flag appearing when an emoji is copy and pasted into another field

Options
Cowboy59
Cowboy59
Community Member
edited July 2017 in 1Password in the Browser

I am a developer working on application that does not in any way make use of 1Password. However, I use 1P on my iMac, which I develop on. I am developing an app in JS that allows a person to add an emoji to a message field. This all works fine. In testing, when the emoji is copied and pasted into another field, the agilebits user edited is added to the input tag. This is messing up our code. Below is the input field we see when inspecting the field both prior to and after copying the emoji. Please help us understand what is happening and how to stop it.

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Cowboy59,

The 1Password extension tracks edited fields to help it when it comes to auto-save and saving. As we cannot tell in advance what fields are or are not important the function that handles this is added to every input field. It's recorded by way of a custom data attribute and beyond disabling the extension there currently isn't a way to stop it.

Can you help us better understand what impact a custom data attribute is having please. My understanding is we went down this route so that it limited any kind of disturbance but your post would suggest this isn't always the case.

• Cowboy59
    Cowboy59
    Community Member
    Options

Yes is there a way to get you the code sample? My attempts to include in the post are not taking it.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2017
    Options

Hi @Cowboy59,

If you email us at support+extension@agilebits.com and mention my name littlebobbytables it will ensure the email reaches the right people :smile:

ref: IIQ-46129-844

This discussion has been closed.