To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Old Mac Apple store user with questions

Options
naql
naql
Community Member

I originally purchased 1Password from the Apple Store. The logic board on my macbook died and I am in the process of migrating to Windows. For now, I'm using an old PC that belonged to my kids running Windows Home 7 Premium. In a month or two I'll be building a new PC running Windows 10.

So, here are my questions: Do I need to buy a new license for Windows? Is there an upgrade price for previous Apple users. I'm not sure I'll be able to find an email receipt. If I buy for Windows now, do I have to buy another license when I upgrade to Windows 10? Is the only option a subscription purchase now? That's a really important question, because I'm not doing a subscription, won't ever do a subscription.
I don't mind buying a new Windows license if I must, but I'm not attaching any ticks to my bank account or credit cards.

I sync using DropBox.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX migrating to Windows, iOS
Sync Type: DropBox

Comments

• Frank
    edited July 2017
    Options

Hi @naql - Sorry to hear about your MacBook and I'll do my best to address your questions below -

Do I need to buy a new license for Windows?

We're no longer selling a standalone license for 1Password 4 for Windows.

Is the only option a subscription purchase now?

As of right now 1Password 6 for Windows is only compatible with a 1Password membership. With a 1Password.com account all the apps are included for Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android. You can even access your 1Password data from any device via the web. We include a free 30 day trial giving you a chance to test drive all the features before having to pay for anything. Sorry for not having a better answer at the moment and keep us posted if you have any additional questions. I'll be happy to help out. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.