To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

One member unable to login on Mac app in family plan

Options
wiedemag
wiedemag
Community Member

I have a family plan with two members. Using the same master password on all my devices, I am able to login to my 1Password account on my iPhone, iPad, my web account via Safari and the 1Password app on my MacBook Pro. My wife using her master password is able to login to her 1Password account on her iPhone, iPad and her web account via Safari. She is unable to login to her 1Password account on her MacBook Pro using that same master password. I have trashed the app and reinstalled it but upon launching the app I get the same login screen which still fails to accept the master password which works for all of her other devices. Her desire is to still be able to open the 1Password Mac app with the master password which functions for all her other devices. I have also sent an email regarding this issue but have been lead to believe this modality may elicit a more rapid response. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:mac os app login

Comments

• wiedemag
    wiedemag
    Community Member
    Options

Live and learn....after trashing the iPassword app (6.7.1) I redownloaded it (6.7) from the Mac App Store rather than the 1Password website multiple times.
    Master password would never work.
    Now, after trashing ALL the 1Password components on the Mac and downloading the 1Password app (6.7.1) from the 1Password website, then scanning the QR info from a successful iPhone login under settings....it works!
    It's always something!!

• Frank
    Options

Hi @wiedemag - Sorry for the troubles. Just to make sure, is your wife now able to unlock 1Password on her Mac? I also tried to locate the email you sent over to us but wasn't able to locate anything using your forum registered email address. If you emailed us from a different address, can you send me over the support id located the subject line of the email. I'll be more than happy to help out if you have any additional questions. Have a great day!

This discussion has been closed.