Master password from totally different Vault works?

Senseotech
Senseotech
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Previously, I used Dropbox Syncing for my Vault, with one Master Password, let's say foo. I used this (barely) in the 1Password 6 betas on my PC until recently, I decided to go with a 1password family account for my wife and I, with my Master Password there something different, let's say bar. Migration on my Mac and iOS devices went smooth like butter, but on my PC, there's a bit of a problem. When I signed in to the 1PW account on the PC, I had to use bar, but now, every single time I need to unlock the app on that machine and only that machine, I'm having to use foo to do it. I've signed out of the account, uninstalled and then reinstalled the app, but as soon as I log back in (again, using the correct bar password) I then have to use that old foo master password to unlock every time afterwards.

1Password Version: 6.7.442
Extension Version: 4.6.8.1
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro
Sync Type: 1Password.com Family Account

Comments

• @Senseotech sorry for the confusion here, 1Password 6 took your local vault password and using it to unlock app. Reinstalling app does not remove your data and can not help. Try renaming %LOCALAPPDATA%\1password\6\data folder, start 1Password and sign in to your account again. It will use your bar password instead. Hope that helps :)

• Senseotech
    Senseotech
    Community Member

Worked perfectly!!! I might suggest that in future iterations, there be an option to remove that data on an uninstall, or some way to invalidate the data and force re-auth.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

We are admittedly hesitant to wipe out people's data, but it's certainly something we'll consider offering as an option. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.