To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Can't export data on 1password 6

Options
fzondlo
fzondlo
Community Member

The all vaults seems to be missing for me, I'm on 6 and only using the online my.onepassword account.

When I open 1password, after loggin in, and click File, I see export but it is grayed out.

What can I do to export all my passwords to csv?

1Password Version: 6.71
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX Newest
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:can't export

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@fzondlo: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! It sounds like you just need to select an individual vault at the top left, and then the Export option should be available to you in the File menu. If you're still having trouble, be sure to let me know more about your setup (OS version, vault type, etc.) I look forward to hearing back from you!

• fzondlo
    fzondlo
    Community Member
    Options

After I restarted the all vaults option showed up and I was able to select it. Thanks!

• Frank
    Options

Hi @fzondlo - That's fantastic news! I'm happy Brenty was able to assist you :smile: Keep us posted if you have any further questions. We're happy to help out. Have a great day!

• giandeau
    giandeau
    Community Member
    Options

I am unable to export my data: when I log into 1 Password and select my vault, there is no option to export. I've tried it on the app and on my desktop Mac--I don't see anywhere where it gives me the option to Choose File>Export>All items.

Is this because my trial has expired, and my account is frozen?

Thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@giandeau: Are you maybe signing in to the 1Password.com website in your browser? You cannot export from there, but you can use the 1Password app on your computer to export the data. You may also need to switch to the individual vault (instead of All Vaults) to export:

Even if your account is frozen because you don't have an active 1Password.com membership, you can access and export your data. Let me know if this helps! :)

• giandeau
    giandeau
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the reply, Brenty.

It looks like I'm on the same page you are, but I don't have the menu bar at the top; only a blue bar with, "Brrrr! Your account is frozen and in Read-Only mode. Subscribe now to restore full access."

(And, unfortunately, I seem unable to attach the screen grab to this message.)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@giandeau: Are you perhaps using the 1Password.com web interface in your browser and not the Mac app? Please clarify what you're seeing. If it's simpler, take a screenshot of this. To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

Just be sure not to post anything sensitive, as this is a public forum. Thanks in advance!

• DavidBourke
    DavidBourke
    Community Member
    Options

Please explain how we choose a Vault when the word "Vault" doesn't appear anywhere on the interface or in any of the menus. The only place I can find it is in the Preferences dialog. I have one account (thus no Account menu), and one Vault. A screenshot is attached.

• Frank
    Options

Hi @DavidBourke - Sorry for the confusion and can you clarify a bit more for me? I just want to make sure we're on the same page. Since you only have one vault, you don't have the option to switch to another vault. You can however create a new vault using the web app and any new vault created will auto-sync to 1Password on your Mac. Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions.

• DavidBourke
    DavidBourke
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Frank. Yes, auto-syncing is wonderful, but why do developers assume that we all have super fast web connectivity? I've lived in areas where the internet just won't go, or is so sketchy that it might as well not exist. And not all authorities agree that wi-fi radiation is harmless to health (Prof. Magda Havas, Dr. Barrie Trower, et al). Some people are so energy sensitive that they have no choice but to live out in the boondocks to get away from cell towers and the "smart tech" fraud. In cases like this, ethernet networking or manual file transfer are the only solutions. Developers assume that the cloud will always be there, forgetting about natural and man-made disaster.

I want to be able to take my password-protected information out of 1Password and import it into another application that DOESN'T depend on auto-syncing via such a vulnerable technology. CSV doesn't cut it, so I need to export PIF from 1Password. And right now, I'm not being allowed to.

Unless I can, I'll have to spend about 2-3 months transferring the information manually. And that's not what I signed up for.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@DavidBourke: Just to clarify, syncing doesn't make your data vulnerable since it's encrypted locally on your device and only you ever have the "keys" to decrypt it. I'm not sure how Wi-Fi and cell towers are involved there though, especially if you're not using those. 1Password works with ethernet too. :)

It looks like you may have imported from 1PIF. If so, using that might be an even better option, since you'd have all of your original data. Alternatively, you can migrate your data from your 1Password.com account back to a local vault:

1. Enable local vaults in 1Password Preferences > Advanced
    2. Select the Personal/Private vault from the 1Password menu
    3. Click in the item list and Select all (⌘ A)
    4. Right click the selected items and choose Share > Primary > Move

You can either use the local vault (Primary) instead, or select it to export the data. Cheers! :chuffed:

• DavidBourke
    DavidBourke
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, brenty. This worked.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Excellent! Thanks for the update. You are most welcome! It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.