How can I use web form fields to select dropdown option?

Options

On the login page of phpmyadmin , I have to enter username and password , and also select the server I wish to connect to.
We have multiple users for different servers.
I would like to create a 1password login which includes selecting the correct dropdown value.
Do I need to use the field 'name' or 'id' and for the dropdown value, do I use the 'value' or the visible name of the option.
For example:
the name of the server would be 'some.server.com' and the value linked to the dropdown option would be '2'

Thanks

Chris

1Password Version: 6.7.1
Extension Version: 4.6.7
OS Version: OS X 10.12.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:dropdown

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@exuvis: 1Password isn't designed for that use case, but there may be a way for it to work. Unfortunately without knowing the URL or browser version you're using we won't be able to test it to see. If you'll let us know, maybe there's something we can do to help! :)

• exuvis
    exuvis
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @brenty
    I created a temporary url redirect so the URL doesnt remain published here
    you can check the url at http://urlgone.com/7ea6c2/ (just wait couple of seconds and click 'skip ad')
    Browser I am using is firefox (54.0.1 (64-bit)).
    Thanks in advance
    Chris

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@exuvis: Thanks! That's a great idea. I was able to easily save and fill a login with both the first and second selections on that page, so the form design must be pretty straightforward. Just follow these steps to do the same:

1. Navigate to the website
    2. Enter your login credentials and select the desired item from the dropdown menu
    3. Click the 'keyhole' icon to bring up the extension
    4. Click the 'gear' icon for Settings
    5. Click Save New Login
    6. Give it a name and Save
    7. Close the webpage and select your new login from the extension to have 1Password Go & Fill
    8. Submit the form manually if you have autosumbit disabled

So I can fill a login using the second dropdown selection, and then fill one to select the first again. It might help to disable Autosubmit if you want to play around with it more. Anyway, in many cases manually saving a new login for the site will allow 1Password to save additional information from the form to fill better. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• exuvis
    exuvis
    Community Member
    Options

I followed your steps
    for me the login & password fields are working through the plugin
    the dropdown is not altering
    I have disabled auto submit , so I can test as you described
    if I use a user that requires the first dropdown option, it works (as it is selected by default)
    but for users that require the second option, it doesnt work

check the webform details that result from the steps you described in attachment!

• exuvis
    exuvis
    Community Member
    Options

Alright , got it to work
    messed up your step 7
    So it doesnt work if I go to the page directly in browser and then use the short cut CMD+\ to fill in and login?

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Command-\ and open and fill should both work the same way once it gets to the step of actually filling. Were you seeing something different?

This discussion has been closed.