To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

impossible to set up 1P on new iPad mini. Continuous circle asking for same info I'm seeking.

Options
eldenstein
eldenstein
Community Member

Trying to set up my 1P app on new iPad mini. I have a single license. Keep being instructed to sign-in on other devices, go to Preferences and Accounts. No accounts listed. I don't have an ACCOUNT, just a license. But can't get 1P to recognize me in order to set up on new device.

1Password Version: 6.
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 10.3.1
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:impossible to set up 1P on new iPad mini. Continuous circle asking for same info I'm seeking.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@eldenstein: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! If you don't have an account, just choose the option to use your existing data, which seems like it would be in Dropbox based on the information you included. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• sbuchwal
    sbuchwal
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same question--this answer is not helpful for me. I have a new iPad pro. I have a single license. I can get the license added to Dropbox, but can't use it in any way. I need a step by step (idiot proof) way to get this to work. I have it working on my iPhone and Mac.

• Frank
    Options

Hi @sbuchwal - Congrats on the new iPad Pro :smile: I'll be happy to help out. Let's give this a try -

Open 1Password on your iPad, from the welcome screen, under "Already using 1Password" select "Dropbox" then you will have to enter your Master Password before the syncs over to your new iPad Pro.

Keep us posted if this helped or if you run into any questions along the way. We'll be here to help :+1:

This discussion has been closed.