Problems with Avis, Air Canada

Options

Comments

• tvalis
    tvalis
    Community Member
    Options

When I stored my Avis login credentials in Safari (also disabling all the autofill) and then logged out and then back I got this error message "We apologize, we cannot login your profile at this time.Please call 1-800-230-4898 for more assistance." It kept my username but instantly deleted the pwd that 1Pwd entered.

• tvalis
    tvalis
    Community Member
    Options

Similar problem when I try to use 1Pwd to login to Air Canada. After the credentials are populated by 1Pwd it goes to a spinning wheel.

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @tvalis,

Sorry about the trouble getting 1Password to work with these websites.

When I stored my Avis login credentials in Safari (also disabling all the autofill) and then logged out and then back I got this error message "We apologize, we cannot login your profile at this time.Please call 1-800-230-4898 for more assistance." It kept my username but instantly deleted the pwd that 1Pwd entered.

I went to www.avis.com and found that clicking the Login on the homepage brings up a popup window where you can enter your Username and Password. Does that sound like the log in web form that was causing issues for you?

When I tested filling my test Login item into the web page I didn't see the password disappearing as you described, perhaps I'm testing with a different version of software to you. I tested with:

• 1Password for Mac 6.8
    • Safari 10.1.2

You can check what version of 1Password you're running by following this guide:

https://support.1password.com/cs/version/

Please let me know if this was the same website you tried.

Similar problem when I try to use 1Pwd to login to Air Canada. After the credentials are populated by 1Pwd it goes to a spinning wheel.

I also tested this using the same set up above. In this case I tried the following, let me know if you did something different:

1. Opened www.aircanada.com
    2. Clicked the "Sign in" link in the top-right then chose "Sign in" from the drop-down.
    3. A pop-up appeared asking for an "Aeroplan Number" and "Password".
    4. I entered a test number and password here and hit Enter to get 1Password to create a test Login item for me.
    5. I reloaded the page and opened the Sign in form again.
    6. Using 1Password to fill the web form entered both the number and password. The spinner began spinning for a second. Then I got an error saying my login details were not correct as expected.

Perhaps you were doing something different or does that sound like how you were trying this?

Looking forward to hearing back.

Best regards,
    Matthew

This discussion has been closed.