OTP why only in Clipboard?

Options

OTP is a really nice feature and also that 1P is able to copy it to the Clipboard. So of course now I am wondering, it only works if you fill in the name/password via 1P and then copies itself to the clipboard - but why isn't it just being filled as well?

I mean the username and password is obviously correct so the right account is selected so why do I have to go the extra step with pasting by hand?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @rosenkrieger,

Thanks for taking the time to write in and I'm glad you're liking the OTP feature :chuffed: Having 1Password fill the OTP code would be really cool and it's something we've been considering for a while. It isn't a very straightforward problem because every website accepts OTP codes differently and if we decide to build this feature we would need to find a way to ensure we can fill on the vast majority of websites using OTP.

We unfortunately don't have this on our roadmap at the moment, for now we're focusing on making sure the connection between the 1Password extension and the 1Password app works in the most reliable way possible. This has been the number one issue for our customers.

I hope that helps. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Best regards,
    Matthew

ref: BRAIN-349

This discussion has been closed.