iPhone and laptop not syncing

Options
kaixokkiten
kaixokkiten
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I constantly update and add new items to my dropbox vault from my iPhone, yet these changes are not reflected on my Windows 10 desktop beta app. Pressing the sync button from my

1Password Version: 6.6.439
Extension Version: 4.6.7.90
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro?
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• kaixokkiten
    kaixokkiten
    Community Member
    Options

iPhone app, it tells me "synced", but I am not able to sync about 37 logins that have been created in the iPhone app over to my laptop. not sure why I pressed submit without finishing the description of my problem, so sorry!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kaixokkiten: No problem! Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! The 1Password 6 Windows desktop app does not support Dropbox or local vaults except for importing into a 1Password.com account. If you'd like to make the transition to take advantage of its benefits, we'll be happy to help with that. But if you've purchased 1Password 4 you can continue to use that with Dropbox and local vaults, as they're fully supported there. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• duanej
    duanej
    Community Member
    Options

The most bizarre thing here is that there was a feature in 1Password 6 that allowed the user to update/sync the local vault. It is no longer there in the latest version, forcing users to use the import option, but this ONLY allows import to the online vaults!! Please at the very least re-instate the local sync feature!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2017
    Options

@duanej: 1Password 6 didn't have a local sync feature. Local vaults have always been read-only, so what you were doing was effectively re-importing the same vault over and over again. It was a bit of a hack and confusing to some folks though, so we've moved that option to the Import menu in recent versions. You're welcome to try a 1Password.com membership for free, but it is not available for free on an ongoing basis.

• duanej
    duanej
    Community Member
    Options

Brenty, thank you for the offer, but I have a families account already. As many other users here, I have reasons for keeping some of my data local only. The new import feature does not work the same way as the previous local sync feature, at least I can't get it to. It forces users to import the local vault to a cloud vault. Previously it allowed the local vault to be read into the tool locally, and updated when changes were made from the phone or another computer. The way I did this was through the Settings (gear icon) > Accounts > Folder > 1Password > sync. This "sync" option is no longer available, the only option is "remove".

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@duanej: Ah, thanks for clarifying. The "sync" option you're referring to simply re-imported the vault again. it was confusing, since 1Password 6 has never been capable of writing data to local vaults, so we moved it to the Import menu instead. Since we already have a local vault-capable app — 1Password 4 — building that functionality from scratch into the new app is not a high priority. I can sympathize, as I've got a local vault I still need to use myself, but since the vast majority of customers aren't using both we're not designing for that particular use case. It's not ideal, but you can use both apps on your PC as I do. Sorry I don't have better news for you.

This discussion has been closed.