update to 6.6.439 fails on Windows 10 PC

The 1Password update to 6.6.439 fails on my Windows 10 PC. 1Password goes through the downloading step, then closes 1 Password. There is no update file in the Downloads folder and an update is not running in the background. I am running 1Password on multiple devices including a Mac (Family license, I think).

I've tried the update when running 1Password as Admin. I don't have a connected tablet or stylus. I don't see any evidence that Bitdefender is stopping the update.

1Password Version: 6.1.308d
Extension Version: 4.6.7.90
OS Version: Win 10 Pro 64-bit v 1607 build 1480
Sync Type: Cloud

Comments

• Hey @mswahk! Could you try a fresh install of the latest version for me? Go ahead and uninstall 1Password 6 and grab 6.6.439 from our downloads page. Make sure to close all browsers while installing. I've seen a few instances of older versions of 1Password 6 having trouble updating to the latest and a fresh install tends to resolve the issue. You shouldn't need to re-enter your sign-in credentials after reinstalling since your local data folder survives uninstalling the app, but it's good to have your Emergency Kit handy, just in case. :chuffed:

Let me know how you get on. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.