Auto-Submit not working on some sites in Safari

claidheamdanns
claidheamdanns
Community Member
edited July 2017 in 1Password in the Browser

Auto-Submit not working on some sites in Safari, including this forum. Other sites it works fine. Some sites it fills everything in, others it does not. And some sites it fills everything in, but does not auto-submit. I've tried updating both the app and the browser extension, but neither of these solved the issue on my Mac, running macOS Sierra.

1Password Version: 6.8 (680015) AgileBits Store
_Extension Version: 4.6.6
_OS Version: macOS Sierra 10.12.5
_Sync Type: iCloud
_Referrer
: forum-search:auto submit

Comments

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

Hi, @claidheamdanns, thanks for your post. Can you let us know a little more details about the issues you're facing?

Does autosubmit fail every time on the sites where it failed for you before? For instance, I just tested autosubmit on the forums here and it worked great for me using Command-\ from the sign in page, so perhaps I was doing something a bit different to what you're doing.

If 1Password isn't filling particular sites completely, please let us know the URLs and if you're filling Login details or a Credit Card or Identity item.

There are a few different behaviors for autosubmit, so I want to make sure we're not bumping into one of the lesser used ones. If a site is only failing to autosubmit sometimes, check that you're not holding the Option key down since this temporarily overrides the submit behavior when you click a Login in the 1Password extension's popup. If autosubmit is failing consistently for a Login, check that you haven't inadvertently set the Submit attribute to Never. You'll find this attribute in the Login's details when you enter edit mode.

I hope this helps. Let us know what you find and we'll see how we can help further.

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits
    Fort Worth, Texas

This discussion has been closed.