Firefox extension not supported in upcoming versions of Firefox

Options

Assume this is tdue to the change to webextensions format.., any idea when we'll have a working extension?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for your post, @BrianGilbert. You're correct that this is due to the change to WebExtensions and the deprecation of the add-on SDK (Jetpack). We have a working WebExtensions build of Firefox internally, but we are waiting until the native messaging update has had time to reach enough users that it won't cause confusion if the extension suddenly cannot talk to 1Password. I'm having to force myself to be patient and not jump the gun, even as excited as I am about getting this out.

Be on the lookout for a beta extension fairly soon (If you're not using the beta Firefox extension, you can uninstall the one you have and install the beta from here and then we'll have a stable release a little while after that. I can't give firm timelines, but all Firefox users should have an updated extension before I get my new iPhone. :chuffed:

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits
    Fort Worth, Texas

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@BrianGilbert I just wanted to update this thread to let you know we now have an updated extension in beta that uses WebExtensions. I have a more in-depth update in this thread. Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.