To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Merging or Duplicating Items Between Vaults

Options

So I just created a new my.1password.com account and had to import my items as 2 separate vaults (as I had 2 very similar vaults with many identical items and manually went through and cleaned it up) now I have my "main" vault with hundreds of items in it, as well as another vault with 10 or so items I want to merge with the main vault so I can delete it and have just a single vault.

Unfortunately I can't find any way in the UI to combine/merge/duplicate items or otherwise transfer them between vaults.

I'm using the web UI, the windows 1Pass 6 beta and the iOS app.

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 10
Sync Type: my 1password account
Referrer: kb-search:merge, kb:undefined, kb-search:merge vault, kb:undefined, kb-search:move vault to vault

Comments

• Hi @FutureBlues2071! I'd be happy to help out. To make sure I help with the correct issue, are you looking to move items from the vault that has 10 items in it to the main one you created? If so, the easiest way would be in 1Password 6 for Windows. Select the items you'd like to copy by holding Control on your keyboard while clicking them, or select them all by pressing Control A. Then click the Copy button in the toolbar at the top of the window and click the main vault. Right now, 1Password 6 for Windows doesn't have move functionality built in but you can copy things instead. :)

Let us know how this goes, or if you're looking for something different, give us a few more details so we can help out.

• aaalhamad
    aaalhamad
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    I am very frustrated. Like the app but have a problem getting it to sync across all my devices. Using two iphones, an ipad and an imac.
    I seem to have two vaults on one of my iphones but can see only one on all other devices. I have a primary vault and a second one called personal. Only one syncs to icloud. I would like to get to having only one vault which syncronizes across all my platforms.
    Please help!
    Thanks.

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @aaalhamad! I'm sorry for your frustration. I've just sent you an email. Please get back to me at your earliest convenience and I'll be happy work on this with you. Looking forward to hearing from you! :)

ref: XMC-89765-593

• dheisler1
    dheisler1
    Community Member
    Options

Similar problem.... I have 1Password on my 2ipads and also on my Mac. Can I merge the accounts so that I have a single account?

• Hi dheisler1 - I replied back to you via email. Since we might be discussing private information I felt it's best to move the conversation over there. When you get a chance, replay back to me so we can continue the discussion :-). Have a great day.

ref: VJS-68939-567

• 1johnbutler
    1johnbutler
    Community Member
    Options

Similar problem. I have my 6.53 installed on 2 macs using Icloud to sync. The sync functionality stopped working and I signed up for a family account, accessed from both macs and "imported" data. I end up with duplicate entries and the sync tab in preferences only shows Icloud, dropbox and folder but nothing to indicate the desktop or browser mini app are going to sync using the new (trial) family account. So I have 2 nearly identical non syncing desktop accounts (on 2 macs) and a new family account that has a single vault with hundreds of duplicates?

• Hi 1johnbutler - Thank you for reaching out to us. I just sent you over an email so we can work on this together. Let's continue the conversation over there. Talk to you soon and have a great day!

ref: RRR-26576-764

• HHartke
    HHartke
    Community Member
    Options

I, too, have similar challenges. I have 1Password on my iOS phone, iPad and on my Mac. The syncing works, but there are duplicate items I'd like to merge into single records. Has merge functionality been enabled? If not, what is the ETA on this? Users like me have been clamoring for it since 2013.

• Jacob
    Options

@HHartke I'd be happy to help. Merging entries isn't currently possible, so there are a few workarounds we've got. The main one would be to manually remove duplicate entries. What particularly is duplicated, and when did it become duplicated? With a bit more info, we can help get you moving. :)

This discussion has been closed.