Difference between in app pro account purchase & having a annual subscription

Hi,

I have downloaded from app store the 1pass app to my iphone & also to my ipad. I have synced it with icloud.

When i set up my account it gives me an option of purchasing the Pro account for $14.99.

What is the difference between getting a pro account or paying for an annual subscription for $50? What are the benefits compared to the pro account?

If I get the Pro account it will be syncd to both my iphone & ipad so where does the value come from having a subscription?

Comments

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member
    edited July 2017

Hi @nemo9813

Thanks for taking the time to write in. You can read about the advantages of 1Password membership here:

What are the benefits of a 1Password membership?

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

P.S. If subscribing through our website, and paying annually, an individual membership comes out to $35.88 USD (plus any applicable taxes we have to collect), not $50. :)

• Thanks, I originally read that but would like to know the key differences between the pro plan & subscription.

As far a I can tell I can sync both my devices via icloud using just the pro plan. What benefit is there to me getting the subscription INSTEAD of just the pro plan.

How do the differ? The explanation linked above covers what the subscription does but does not the differences between the two models... atleast not in a way i can decipher

• brentybrenty

Team Member

@nemo9813: The Pro Features in 1Password for iOS is not a plan; rather, it's a one time purchase that unlocks some features in that app for your Apple ID. It doesn't include anything else. So, in your example, 1Password for Mac would be a separate purchase. Conversely, a 1Password.com membership includes all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.