How do I activate the enhanced MacBook Pro Touch Bar features? It currently only shows three icons.

JRJ
JRJ
Community Member

I am using Mac Version 6.8.
The icons are "Search", "Add" and "Lock"

1Password Version: 6.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How do I activate the enhanced touch bar features?

Comments

• Hi @JRJ,

Which features specifically? You can enable Touch ID (which isn't technically Touch Bar but tends to get lumped together and is my favorite feature of Touch Bar MacBook Pros) by going into Preferences > Security and enabling it there.

The vault picker (left most button in most of our screenshots) will only show up if you have multiple vaults (more typically if you're using 1Password Families or 1Password Teams).

The password generator will show up if you edit an item (in the main app) and bring up the password generator or click on a password field and use the "Generate" button on the touch bar.

I hope this helps.

Rick

• JRJ
    JRJ
    Community Member

Hi Rick

Many thanks for the additional information, I too really like the Touch ID feature.

Kind regards

John Jury

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. On behalf of Rick, you are most welcome! It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if you have any other questions. Have a great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.