1Password Prompt for Update cannot be overridden

lloydao
lloydao
Community Member
edited July 2017 in 1Password in the Browser

In 1Password 4 I could check a box saying that I don't want 1Password to prompt to update the password for a certain entry/url.
For our SSO environment, I use 1Password to fill in the username and password (without "submitting"), then I have to plug in my Yubikey to generate a OTP which is concatenated at the end of the password. To what gets submitted is my fixed password plus the OTP.
So, my "password" changes each time I log in and I get a prompt from 1Password to update the password. Can we get the former behavior from 1Password 4 to allow me to inhibit prompting for updates for certain entries?

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni

Hey @lloydao,

Thanks for writing in. The good news is that you can disable Auto-save for certain website domains in 1Password for Windows' Options.

To prevent 1Password from prompting for a given domain, e.g. example.com, please try the following:

1. Open and unlock 1Password for Windows.
    2. Options Options > Browsers.
    3. There is a section called "Autosave" there where you can add URL(s) where 1Password won't prompt.

I hope that helps - let me know if that works for you.

Best regards,
    Matthew

• lloydao
    lloydao
    Community Member

That worked perfectly - Thanks!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @lloydao,

I'm glad Matthew was able to help. Please let us know if you run into any other bumps with 1Password 6 for Windows.

This discussion has been closed.