To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Logged out before I could retrieve secret code

Options
Sirenek
Sirenek
Community Member

First off just let me say this is BS you cannot retrieve our secret codes or allow us to sign in without one.

• Recently I just bought your App because I have a hard time remembering all of my passwords. I started a free trial and signed out to test if it worked. (As you can see it didn't because I'm here) I backed up my passwords to my iCloud save and would like to know how to restore them or retrieve them onto another standalone vault. I had over 80 passwords, all with different passwords and will be needing to recover them. There is no option to download my iCloud save either.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How do I download vaults from iCloud

Comments

• Sirenek
    Sirenek
    Community Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

1Password Version: Latest Version (Not sure which it is)
    OS Version: iOS 10.2.1

I also forgot to mention, I have the beginning portion of my code but it does not give the rest.

A little feedback from my point is to send the code fully or not at all. Having it more than once is a life saver in many cases

• Ben
    Ben
    edited August 2017
    Options

Hi @Sirenek,

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

First off just let me say this is BS you cannot retrieve our secret codes or allow us to sign in without one.

I'm sorry to hear you feel that way. We feel that it is critically important that AgileBits never have your Secret Key. In fact, that is basically the whole point of the Secret Key. What the Secret Key protects against is AgileBits being compromised. If someone were to break into our servers and steal everything we have they still wouldn't be able to access any 1Password data because it is encrypted by the Secret Key. If we were to have the Secret Key that would defeat the purpose. You can read more about that here:

About your Secret Key

We also have a guide that talks about the various places you may be able to locate your Secret Key:

Find your Secret Key or Setup Code

I backed up my passwords to my iCloud save and would like to know how to restore them or retrieve them onto another standalone vault.

1Password account data does not back up to iCloud. If you had synchronized a standalone vault with iCloud you can learn about how to sync that data here:

How to sync 1Password with iCloud

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

P.S. You mentioned you're running iOS 10.2.1... If that is accurate you may want to consider updating to iOS 10.3.3, as that version had some fairly important security fixes in it.

This discussion has been closed.