Upgrading from standalone question

I tried to search and read through to find my answer but after about page 3 I'm pretty sure I blacked out.

So, I am currently a user of 1password standalone and have been for it feels like years and LOVE it as well as recommend it (highly). I'm now ready to upgrade to the annual version but would like to get my wife to try it out. I'm thinking of "trying" the 30day version of the family but if she doesn't like it can I then just sign up for the single?

Also if I sign up for either will there just be some magic when I do or will I need to do an export/import from my standalone?

Thanks and from all the help I read, you guys do a great job of communicating even it if is not what folks want to hear. Keep up the good work.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• BrianBrian 1Password Alumni

Hi there, @runningp !

Thanks for reaching out! :)

First off, I'm thrilled to hear that you're wanting to upgrade to a 1Password.com account! I hope your family loves it! If the Family plan doesn't end up working out for you, no worries! You can switch from a Family account to an Individual account under the "Family Settings" page of your 1Password.com account. Here's what this page looks like:

To proceed, click on the "Convert to an Individual Account" button and follow any additional on-screen prompts. Please note that to be able to switch to an Individual account, you will need to be the only member of the Family account. Otherwise you will receive this message:

In regards to your data, we've trained our wizards to seamlessly migrate your data from your local vault to your 1Password.com account. When you sign into your account on the 1Password app, you should be prompted to migrate your data (courtesy of our wizards). If this doesn't happen for you, feel free to manually move it by following these instructions: https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/

Thanks so much for the love, and feel free to let me know if you have any other questions or concerns! Have a great rest of your day, @runningp ! :)

• So, after much more reading I upgraded to the personal account. I like most have a fair amount of passwords and as you can imagine it was a nail biting experience. I followed your guides (written and video). Of course I expected (as my luck is) for all my passwords to disappear...they did not, it...well...just worked. I looked over it a couple of times to make sure I had in fact even done it. I know some others have had issues but for me it was very seamless. Great work. I look forward to looking at some of the new features after a couple of days of just being "ok". Thanks again to the whole team.

• BrianBrian 1Password Alumni

Woo-hoo! I'm thrilled to hear that the process went smoothly for you, @runningp !

Feel free to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.