Feature requests and feedbacks

Hey there, glad to finally see 1password come to linux :-)

First impression is good ! But :

• it'd be nice to have an "infinite" unlock time periode, 30min is way too short, don't you think? Also, I don't see why it's so short since even the windows application has a wider unlock time period and a possibility to stay unlocked.
  • It'd be nice to have a tray icon like, or an access via tray icon, or keyboard shortcut, OS wide. I don't know if it's possible, but a major interest of this application resides in the possibility to use 1password to store every password, not just the ones related to my web browsing.
  • The possibility to edit entries would also be nice to have.

Cheers!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/1passwor
OS Version: FC26
Sync Type: family

Comments

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2017

Thanks for joining the 1Password for Chrome beta and providing this feedback! If you don't mind I'd like to just quickly comment on each of these items to give you an idea of what we are thinking.

It'd be nice to have an "infinite" unlock time periode, 30min is way too short, don't you think Also, I don't see why it's so short since even the windows application has a wider unlock time period and a possibility to stay unlocked.

I'd like to start by saying that this is only a beta, and nothing you see here is necessarily indicative of how the official releases will be. You aren't the first to ask for a longer auto-lock timeout, and we are also discussing this internally. One of the big difference between 1Password for Chrome and our native applications is the functionality we have with the OS. For example, on both our Mac and Windows apps, you can have a longer auto-lock, but you can also choose to have 1Password lock when your computer does.

It'd be nice to have a tray icon like, or an access via tray icon, or keyboard shortcut, OS wide. I don't know if it's possible, but a major interest of this application resides in the possibility to use 1password to store every password, not just the ones related to my web browsing.

As far as I know, this isn't going to be easy with 1Password for Chrome. Currently, this beta is solely focused on 1Password for Chrome so I can't make any promises outside of that realm.

The possibility to edit entries would also be nice to have.

This is a core 1Password feature, and we have a lot of great ideas for how to make editing 1Password items as easy as possible. With version 0.8 (released today), all buttons that take you to 1Password.com (like the Edit item button) now log you in automatically. This is a step forward, but we want to make it even better in the future.

Once again, thanks for taking the time to post this feedback! I hope you have a pleasant week. :)

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• Theonlydoo
    Theonlydoo
    Community Member

Only one week using the extension and I'm already amazed :-)

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

Thanks, @Theonlydoo – That means a lot to us!

In v0.8.2 (released a couple of hours ago), we've increased the maximum auto-lock time to 300 minutes which now matches the max auto-lock of the 1Password.com web interface.

I hope that helps you out, but let us know if you experience any issues with it.

--
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• Theonlydoo
    Theonlydoo
    Community Member
    edited July 2017

Thank's @beyer, so I understand that 300 minutes will be the maximum available auto-lock ? Wont it be increased in the future?

EDIT : I put my auto-lock time to 300 minutes, it's already a comfort improvement :-)

Will the extension auto create new accounts ? With randomly generated passwords ?

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2017

@Theonydoo: Great questions!

I understand that 300 minutes will be the maximum available auto-lock? Wont it be increased in the future?

300 minutes is our current maximum, and everything I mentioned before still holds true. I'm sure we will continue to tweak our auto-lock settings, but I can't guarantee what we will have in our first public release.

Will the extension auto create new accounts? With randomly generated passwords?

Absolutely!! Our design team has come up with a beautiful strong password generator, and creating new Login items automatically is extremely important to us. We still have a bunch of work to do, but this is a core 1Password feature, and we wouldn't leave you without it.

I hope that helps, let me know if you have any additional questions.

--
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• Theonlydoo
    Theonlydoo
    Community Member

Very nice news :-)

I was wondering if a chromeapp could be a good idea, regarding the potential native integration on a system tray. Even if it's planned to be dropped soon enough, openwhisper systems has continued to update Signal as a Chrome application

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I'm not sure it would be a good use of time to implement something that's being deprecated, but certainly if it continues to be supported on ChromeOS and there's enough interest for it there it may be worth considering. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.