To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Archive Vault - that doesn't appear in search results?

Options
melvynadam
melvynadam
Community Member

Someone has previously started a thread asking for something similar but it was closed without a resolution.
I'd like to clean up my Private vault by creating an Archive vault and moving things into it that I (a) don't want to delete, (b) want to keep secure, but (c) don't want to see every time I search 1Password.
Does this functionality exist yet?

1Password Version: Family
Extension Version: n/a
OS Version: n/a
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @melvynadam

It does, yes. :) Once you've created the vault open 1Password > Preferences > All Vaults and uncheck the vault you wish to exclude. You can still manually switch to that vault using the vault switcher, and then search within it, if desired.

Does that help?

Ben

P.S. There was actually resolution to that thread... were you not able to see Nathan's reply?

• melvynadam
    melvynadam
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks.
    Doesn't seem to change anything in the Windows client.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2017
    Options

@melvynadam: Sorry for the confusion! Since you left out the version details in your original post, Ben didn't realize you were using the new Windows app. That setting isn't available there yet, but we'll be adding it in a future update. Cheers! :)

• melvynadam
    melvynadam
    Community Member
    Options

Doesn't seem to have an effect on the browser-based client either. Is that also planned for a future update?
    I'm not sure I've done the right thing now. While I'm happy to see it implemented in the iOS version, it has resulted in an inconsistent experience across my devices.

• Ben
    Options

Indeed. We do certainly hope to be able to provide a more consistent experience across all of the platforms that we support. I don't know when we'll see this setting on Windows, but is is currently available on Mac and iOS.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.