To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

1password account frozen with a valid subscription

Options
aestive
aestive
Community Member

Hi,

You have frozen my 1password but according to Apple's App Store I have a valid subscription and the annual subscription will kick in tomorrow.

Please unfreeze my account at your earliest convenience.

Thanks

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6ii7u86oh6jm0p4/Screenshot 2017-08-07 08.29.19.png?dl=0

the email address is the same as my forum email address, thanks.

1Password Version: 6.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.12.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• aestive
    aestive
    Community Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

Never mind guys. I thought through about this and I think you may exactly know what you are doing. The pattern sounds like you are expiring the trial accounts prematurely and freeze them to get the credit card numbers from people on file so that you can avoid paying Apple their share of earned fees. If this is the case it would get your software removed from App Store.

As for myself. I had a stand alone license and I never really needed 1password.com. It was more about supporting a software company whose product I use daily. With what has happened first of all I wouldn't trust such a company store my data in the cloud, secondly, I wouldn't support what I see unfair and indecent. I cancelled the subscription so it will not renew tomorrow. I am switching back to my standalone license,

Very disappointed.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2017
    Options

@aestive: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! I'm not sure which "pattern" you're referring to or why you've jumped to this conclusion, but we don't freeze accounts prematurely. Rather, it sounds like you may have signed up for multiple accounts and gotten things mixed up, as we cannot freeze accounts that have active Apple subscriptions. We simply don't have access to their systems. I'm glad you were able to cancel if you don't want to continue using it, and I think that's a testament to how easy we make it. We don't like having to jump through a bunch of hoops with stuff like this either. I'll shoot you an email here shortly in case you'd like help getting things sorted out. If your mind is already made up, no worries. We're always here if you need anything else in the future.

ref: VXF-89218-879

This discussion has been closed.