To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Question about 1PW "Export" option...

Options
Starflyer
Starflyer
Community Member

My wife asked me if I could print a hard copy or file of my 1PW log-ins. So, I wented to File/Export which saved a file to Dropbox. However, it wouldn't open and I didn't want it in my dropbox as I was testing to see if I could print a list. I then immediately deleted the file.

If I wanted to SEE the 1pif file created by the Export option, how do I open it for viewing. The only option I saw was to import it back to 1Password. The only reason I can think of in having such a list would be to place it in a safety deposit box in case something happened to me.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Starflyer: 1PIF is just JSON-formatted plaintext, so you can open it in any text editor. You can right-click the file to open it in any text app. Exports are meant for portability, not archival use; but while we wouldn't recommend storing sensitive information insecurely, you could certainly keep it in a safe deposit box if you wish. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.